Yeah...I kind of dropped the ball on my monthly wedding inspiration post for May. Because now May is more than half over. Oops. What can I say? It's been a busy, busy, busy month.
Here in New England, May is the first time when, after months of continual, gray overcast, we finally get back our big blue sky. The threat for snow is (mostly) gone, the temperatures start trending up, and the trees erupt in a green display of joy. So appropriately, I've picked a sky-blue palette for the lovely month of May.
The wonderful thing about blue is that it comes in limitless shades, and sky blue can be made fresh and instantly modern by pairing it with royal or navy and crisp white. Or, as in my inspiration board, you can take this color the sweet and rustic route by pairing it with earthier tones, corals and green.
- Love the ruffles in this travel-inspired shoot via wedding chicks.
- Beautiful coral, blue and green bouquet via revel.
- Petit blue macaroons as the perfect wedding favor, via Gourmet Baking.
- Sky blue paper straws add a touch of whimsy to your signature cocktails, from the tomkat studio.
- Blue cake and bunting garland via Junebug Weddings.
- Honour Bandeau Dress from coast is flattering on every maid.
- Barn-inspired photo shoot from Style Me Pretty.
See the rest of my blue inspired wedding pins on our Pinterest board.